Monday, January 12, 2009

Job Hunt

I’m on the job-hunt wheels now..applying to a gazillion places (well, maybe not that many but still a lot)! Its a normal phase in life..which is currently breaking and making me at the same time. I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve always thought of myself as someone who will land in a job in a blink of an eye...but heck no! Ok..i did take some time off for myself after the practicum, But. It’s been a month since I’ve started applying..here n there n there.. My applications for management trainings didn’t get thru for some reason or another. Then, I sat for the PTD exam and assessment (which will take forever to processss). Had a couple of phone interviews. It’s always the case where either they don’t think I’m suitable for the job or vice versa (I don’t think the job is suitable for me). Well, the latest interview is at Marcus Evans (ME). I was first interviewed via the phone, then in person and tomorrow is my second interview. As I was browsing thru to get more info for the interview, I came across some very interesting employees/ex employees comments on ME. I knew it was going to be sh**y working in a sales oriented department, but I didn’t expect that much of it (read ALL)! I did say I’m looking for ‘experience’ when I was asked why I chose this place...I think it’s going to be one hell-of-an experience.. What the heck. I’m going to go in for the interview just for the fun of it. We will see what happens.

Meanwhile...I found some new terms which I would like to share here

C-level executives = Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer and of that sort.

80/20 rule = 1. The world’s 80% wealth is owned and shared among the 20% of the world.

2. The Parreto’s rule whereby you work 20% to get 80% in return.

No comments: